Saturday, March 21, 2009

Colossions 3:5 " Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which in idolatry."
Psam 145: 16 "You open your hand; you satisfy the desire of every living thing."
Psalm 104.


Here is a poem I found.
I often remember this when I feel not beautiful enough.
Souls
My soul goes clad in gorgeous things,
Scarlet and gold and blue;
And at her shoulder sudden wings
Like long flames flicker through.
And she is shallow-fleet, and free
From mortal bonds and bars.
She laughs, because Eternity
Blossoms for her with stars!
O folk who scorn my stiff gray gown,
My dull and foolish face,-
Can ye not see my Soul flash down,
A singing flame through space:
And folk, whose earth-stianed looks I hate,
Why may I not divine
Your souls, that must be passionate,
Shining and swift, as mine!
- Fannie Stearns Davis
1 John 2:16-17 "For all that is in the worl-the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions- is not from the Father but is from the world.
And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever."
1 Samuel 12:21 "And do not turn aside after empty things that cannot profit or deliver, for they are empty."
Psalm 9:1 " I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds."Hosea 6:6 " For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings."
Psalm 51.
Proverbs 22 :17-18 "Incline your ear, and hear the words of the wise,
and apply your heart to my knowledge,
for it will be pleasant if you keep them within you, if all of them are ready on your lips."
About Jesus. Isaiah 53:2-3
"..he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men;
a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief and as one whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not."

1 comment:

  1. This whole blog is really good. Thanks for posting! I'm sending mine soon. :]

    ReplyDelete